I have always had oily combination skin, but after pregnancy my skin has been all over the place. I had put aside my existing skincare routine and started hunting for new products that were more suitable for my current, unpredictable skin.
One thing I had hard time fixing was extreme dryness, keep in mind never in my life had I ever struggled with dryness! Let me tell you one thing, you can cover up dark circles, acne, blemishes but you can never cover up a dry flakey skin! I didn’t know what to do. I avoided heavy moisturisers, oils like my worst enemies, but now I had to get out there and buy some products that targeted a skin type that was totally new to me.
These are some of the products that have helped my skin tremendously.
- CAUDALIE Polyphenol C15 Overnight Detox Oil was the first thing I purchased. It’s 100% plant based (anti-oxidant grape seed, regenerating rose hip, neroli, lavender and detoxifying carrot oils) dry oil that helps tired skin to regenerate throughout the night. It’s so lightweight! You apply 6 drops which is just enough to cover your entire face. Personally, I do not feel greasy after applying it. I love waking up to a deeply moisturised skin the next morning! I ordered mine online on Naturisimo. Not sure if this brand is sold locally.
- CLINIQUE Dramatically different Moisturising Lotion is for dry to dry combination skin and I stumbled up it on some random magazine article while quickly skimming through it. It somehow left quite an impression on me so I decided to buy it, since I was desperately looking for a good moisturiser. I must say I was very pleased after using it for a week. It does what it promises. After just a few uses my skin’s flakiness has improved dramatically. I mostly use it in the mornings because I find it to be ideal under makeup. I bought mine from Melita Pharmacy in St. Julian’s.
- Juvena Superior Miracle Cream. Let me tell you this thing is magic! Roseberry were kind enough to invite me to Juvena Phyto De-tox seminar were they presented all of their existing best selling products, and being the product junky I am I was literally drooling over so so many of them. But my attention was particularly caught by this magic cream, so you can imagine my excitement when I was given one to try out and let them know what I thought. Well, firstly it’s an anti-aging cream that plumps and nourishes stressed skin for a more youthful look. I love how my skin feels after each application, so soft and smells absolutely luscious!
- Exfoliation is just as important as moisturizing when it comes to dry flakey skin! CLARINS Gentle Refiner has always been my absolute fave! I have been using this little guy for years! It just gives the softest, most gentle exfoliation without irritating your skin. You’re advised to exfoliate no more than twice a week. However with this thing I can get away with an extra session every once in a while! I bought mine a while back from Frank’s.
- OLAY Regenerist 3PT Cleansing and Exfoliating Brush has been a great little addition to my current skincare routine. Compared to my other brushes it’s small and compact, ideal to chuck into your travel makeup bag, plus it has 2 speed settings! I do not use it on daily basis (unless I have makeup thats on the heavier side since it does a great job spotlessly removing it) since my skin can get a bit sensitive to frequent exfoliation. However, it does an amazing job gently exfoliating my skin every other day, and sometimes I even use it with my Clarins Gentle Refiner. They work so well together. It comes with its own face wash which I used couple of times and liked, but I am very happy with my current face wash that I do not wanna disturb the routine.
VJ Salomone Marketing were so kind to offer a very special discount coupon only for our lovely readers. Get 25% off on OLAY Regenerist 3PT Cleansing Kit, Brush head, and Daily Cleanser Cream Wash! Click here and enter code DILA25% before purchasing! Hurry up offer is only valid until 6th April! Happy shopping! X