These easy-peasy, delicate and spongy orange muffins combine a handful of ingredients that most of us have in our fridges and cupboards. While basic yet flavoursome, you can customise the recipe by adding some of your favourite ingredients such as nuts, berries, chocolate chips, etc.
With colder days knocking on our doors, warm, hearty and fragrant bakes can uplift an otherwise gloomy morning. It might have become quite obvious that I am a BIG fan of muffin-baking. Aside from being relatively simple and versatile, muffins can make a great breakfast, snack, and a desert with a heart-warming cup of tea.
Being a mom to a pre-schooler with demanding eating habits, I am on a constant search for recipes that I can prepare in advance and throw in his lunch box. So far muffins have been a great addition, and this one in particular is a definite winner!
Makes 12 small muffins
- 1 1/2 cup self-raising gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cups unrefined (golden) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 oranges
- 2/3 cup full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat over to 180C.
- Zest then juice the oranges, and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the gluten free flour and sugar.
- In a separate bowl lightly beat the eggs, followed by oil, orange juice, orange zest, Greek yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients and give it a good stir.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups and bake for 20-22 minutes.
If you decide to try this recipe out, please go ahead snap a photo, post and tag us!